|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA::||3.0|
|General||Program Dates||Language of Instruction||Housing and Cost of Living||Courses||Contact|
The Universidad Torcuato di Tella (UTDT) is a non-profit academic and research institution that was founded in 1991 and is located in the vibrant city of Buenos Aires. UTDT prides itself in providing and continuously improving the atmosphere of the school to provide a rigorous and high-quality education to all its students. UTDT has taken an interdisciplinary approach incorporating areas such as economic analysis, game theory, and, political and moral philosophy into its curriculum. The school offers an intellectual and motivational atmosphere that allows the student to develop the necessary research and analytical skills today’s law profession requires.
Fall: August – December
Spring: March - July
If the student chooses to enroll in the Intensive Spanish Course for International Students, the Fall Semester would begin Mid-July and the Spring Semester would begin Mid-February.
View UTDT's Academic Calendar.
The language of instruction at the Universidad Torcuato di Tella is Spanish. Students applying for the program must submit proof of Spanish proficiency.
- Students with undergraduate or graduate studies in a Spanish speaking country must show the certificate or degree obtained within the last five years.
- Students with Spanish majors (in the US) must have obtained their degree within the last five years and must provide a copy of their degree and undergraduate transcript(s).
- Students who are not in the conditions mentioned above are required to take a Spanish proficiency exam through the Language Department at AU and provide us with their results on the exam. Students must complete the exam within 30 minutes and test into the Third Year (300 Level).
UTDT is a commuter campus and students are responsible for finding housing off campus. Students may request a housing list from UTDT's International Programs Office which provides housing options in private homes, students residences, and apartments. Housing rates can range from 500-700 USD per month.
The cost of livng in Buenos Aires can range from 600-800 pesos (120-160 USD). It can vary greatly depending on the lifestyle of the student.
Students will receive up to 12 credits towards their law degree. Only the credits and not the grades will transfer per ABA requirements. The acceptance of any credit or grade for any courses taken at UTDT, including externships and other clinical offerings, is subject to determination by the AUWCL Office of the Registrar.
The following is a selection of courses available to students. The full list of courses can be found on UTDT's Curriculum website. Courses are subject to change.
- Economic Analysis of Law
- Credit & Bankruptcy Law
- Private Law International Law
- Introduction to Islamic Law
- Corporate Responsibility and Human Rights
For general questions and concerns please visit the Semester Exchange FAQ page.
All other questions and concerns should be directed to:
Office of Global Opportunities
American University Washington College of Law
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW, Suite Y360
Washington, DC, 20016 USA
Telephone: (202) 274-4177
Fax: (202) 274-4005
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|